Monday, October 24, 2011

Mondays in general usually suck~

I have found in my acquired wisdom that Mondays usually suck. This one is no exception. I could not sleep last night. One of those nights where your mind races and is filled with everything you have done in your life that you regret. UGH~Hate those nights! So today got a very slow start, no shower until after 1, no desire to do anything but complain, more aches and pains than usual..., and on and on. So, I am gonna make this a short post to spare you all of my whining. And here's a recipe that I would just go make~~just to make Rick and I smile, but...I can't go to the kitchen yet. Sad sAd SAD face!!!!Oh well,these are Rick's favorite cookies, and I love them too!

MISSISSIPPI MUD COOKIES



Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,161,144173-233200,00.html
Content Copyright © 2011 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.
2 c. sugar
1/2 c. cocoa
3/4 c. milk
1/2 c. peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/4 c. oats
Mix together very well sugar, cocoa and milk. Bring to a boil for 5 minutes to soft ball stage. When mix is at soft ball stage, add oats and stir well. Turn off heat and add peanut butter and vanilla. Place large spoons of mix on aluminum foil.

1 comment:

  1. I made Holly Chocolate Grave and Biscuits for breakfast this morning. I had some too and I have to admit it was real good. The way I made it was:
    Biscuit Recipe;
    2 cops all purpose flour
    2 tablespoons of backing powder
    1 teaspoon sea salt
    3 tablespoons of canola oil
    3\4 cop of milk
    oven preheated at 350 F.

    Mix up all ingredients knead for a few minutes.
    cut biscuits and bake for 15 minutes.

    While biscuits are baking heat
    3 table spoons of margarine
    3 tablespoons of flour
    3 tablespoons of coco
    1/2 teaspoon of salt
    1 cup of sugar
    2 cups of milk
    bring to boil while stirring with a whisk
    let it continue boiling for a few still stirring til it thickens.
    Let it set for a few minutes while biscuits finish cooking.
    Cut biscuits in half with fork top biscuits with butter and then top with the chocolate grave.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete