Wednesday, October 26, 2011

It's Wednesday!

I missed posting yesterday~ our internet was out all day. Bummer, I mean~gah~we had to talk to each other! Blah! (Just kidding!) Well,we are back on today! So here I am! I called my Drs. office last Thursday~ they decided to call me back TODAY!!! 6 days later!!!! I had asked for a different pain med., without any codeine, as it makes me sick. They called in hydrocodeine~nope, makes me sick! I have just been taking Tylenol, thank God they said it was okay! I had also asked about physical therapy. I also decided to do my own, a form of Yoga you can do sitting in a chair. The nurse said nope, he wants no physical therapy, mainly bed rest. Well, I want my hip to heal, but bed rest makes me crazy!!! I will taper off my yoga, just do the arm and upper torso stretching, but bed rest, no mam! I was up 12 hours yesterday, and plan to be today also!!! Today I am hungry for something spicy and tasty, so here's my recipe for Mexican chicken!


MEXICAN CASSEROLE
Printed from COOKS.COM


Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,161,129181-254194,00.html
Content Copyright © 2011 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.
1 bag Doritoes. (I like Nacho cheese flavor)
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast cooked and chopped personally I boil a whole chicken, then bone and skin it, and shred it)
1 med. onion chopped
1 large can cream of chicken
1 can rotel tomatoes
2 cups shredded cheese (like Colby and Monterey)(I use Mexican blend)
Preheat oven to 350.Cook chicken breast until done; save half of the juice. Cut into small pieces. Crush Doritoes and place half on bottom of sqaure pan. Put half the chicken on top of chips.
In small bowl combine chopped onion, cream of chicken, rotel tomatoes and the juice from chicken. Mix well. Add half of mixture on top of chicken.
Add just about two handfuls of chips to the top and then add rest of the chicken and mixture to the top of the chips. Top with the rest of the chips and then add cheese.
Put in the oven for 20 to 30 mins. until cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment